posted Jun 20, 2020, updated Nov 12, 2023, by Shana Thomas
These easy vegan salad recipes are perfect for any time of year, especially summer. You’ll find a variety of salads including Greek, pasta, cobb, potato salad, noodles, macaroni, avocado, quinoa, fruit, vegan Caprese, chickpea, spinach, and kale salads to choose from.
Vegan Salad Recipes
We’ve rounded up 23 of our favorite vegan salads that are refreshing, simple, wholesome, or savory. These healthy salad recipes work as an easy lunch, or side dish for your next cookout. Or maybe you are looking to add more plant-based recipes to your lifestyle. Either way, I’m sure you will find a salad that you’ll enjoy. Take a look below and let us know in the comments which salad you’ll try next.
Vegan Salad FAQs
Vegans can enjoy a wide variety of delicious salads.
Five key components for a satisfying salad include fresh greens, vibrant veggies, protein-rich additions, flavorful dressings, and delightful toppings.
Elevate your salads with herbs like oregano, rosemary, or black pepper, blend cooked and raw elements, craft unique dressings like pesto or pickled vinaigrette, and add a delightful crunch with nuts or seeds like hemp seeds.
To make a fulfilling salad, focus on diverse ingredients, layering flavors, and incorporating a balance of nutrients for a satisfying and nourishing meal.
One of the first recipes I posted on the blog was this watermelon cucumber salad with oil-free mango dressing. It’s light and refreshing.
This easy nourishing bowl is filled with sweet potatoes, roasted beets, wild rice, quinoa, & lentil medley, cucumbers, and tomatoes. To make this a balanced meal just add a healthy fat like avocado or tahini dressing.
Enjoy this kale salad with homemade maple mustard tempeh for some extra plant-based protein. Tip: Don’t forget to break down your kale by massaging it with the oil.
Recreate Love and Lemons taco salad with this shiitake walnut mixture and drizzle with cilantro lime dressing.
My favorite salad greens have to be arugula;-) These spicy Mediterranean greens are perfect with whatever you prepare it with. Like strawberries, hemp seeds, pecans, and this easy balsamic vinaigrette.
Who doesn’t love a Cobb salad? Try this vegan cobb salad with romaine lettuce, coconut bacon, grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, and cashew dressing.
This is the hands-down best egg-free and dairy-free potato salad I’ve made. Add your favorite herbs, and vegan mayo, and click on the link above to find out why I love this recipe so much.
Try this soba noodle recipe cold or hot with fresh ingredients you have on hand like edamame, mint, and avocado.
Check out this easy vegan Caesar salad with garlic roasted chickpeas and a homemade easy salad dressing to go on top.
This vegan twist on the conventional deli-style macaroni salad may be worth making for your next potluck or cookout.
This easy flavorful mouth-watering vegan “tuna” salad sandwich will have you coming back for more. It’s so versatile. Once complete, use the chickpea mixture to make a salad or sandwich.
Make this vegan Greek salad with tofu feta for a summer outing. It has protein and fiber and it’s gluten-free.
In less than 20 minutes you can have yourself a creamy delicious broccoli salad with an easy cashew dressing.
Make this high-protein chickpea pasta with basil, lemon, olives, and all the fixings for that Mediterranean flavor.
Healthy coleslaw that’s vegan, paleo-friendly, and pairs great with summer BBQ recipes.
I love avocado and citrus together. Especially, in a salad. If you do too check out Real + Vibrant’s simply gorgeous salad. But don’t stop there, add on fresh mint leaves and pistachios for a nice crunch.
Quickly through together this vegan Couscous salad packed with seasonal vegetables, beans of your choice, and whole grains.
If you try any salad, I highly recommend this salad. The quinoa salad is healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
Enjoy this vegan version of the classic Caprese salad.
Savor the wholesome and delectable Vegan Jennifer Aniston Salad—a culinary masterpiece that effortlessly combines health and flavor, all while being a breeze to prepare.
Yes, please! This sweet summer grilled corn recipe is sweet, smokey, and tangy. Add avocado and cilantro for more flavor and creaminess.
Add lentils, cabbage, and onions, and spiralize together to make a vibrant warm salad for summer or winter.
Use any veggies of your choice with this easy quinoa salad and add any dressing of your choice.
If you’ve embraced the magic of these Vegan Salad Recipes in your kitchen, I’d love to hear about it – drop a comment or share your rating, and don’t forget to join me on Instagram for plant-based recipes and wellness inspiration!
Green Goodness: Explore Our 23 Vegan Salad Recipes
Jennifer Aniston Salad
- 1 cup bulgur finely cooked
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans drained & rinsed
- 2 small handfuls of pistachios roughly chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint & parsley finely chopped
- pinch of salt for the bulgur
- Vegan Feta to taste (optional)
- salt & black pepper (to taste) for the salad
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lime plus more, if needed
- 1 tsp smooth dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- pinch of salt
- Make the bulgur: Add one cup of bulgur, 2 cups of water, and a pinch of kosher salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 12 minutes, or until the liquid absorbs. Remove from heat and let stand, covered 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Make the tahini dressing: Add tahini, salt, lime juice, maple syrup, and dijon mustard in a small bowl and use a fork to whisk together until smooth & pourable.
- Assemble bulgur salad: To a large bowl add the cooled bulgur, cucumbers, pistachios, mint, parsley, vegan feta, red onions, and chickpeas. Drizzle generously with tahini dressing & toss to combine. Add salt & black pepper to taste.
- You can sub tahini dressing with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Switch up the herbs, nuts, grains, and cheese based on your preference.
- This salad will last up to 5 days in the fridge.