This avocado banana smoothie is creamy, healthy, and tastes so good.
How my morning routine changed my life
Implementing a morning routine into my day has brought me so much joy, clarity, and focus to my day. I have learned to start my day by doing something for myself before I give to others. One of the ways I start my day on the right foot is by eating/drinking something nutritional. I love having a smoothie with fruit, healthy fat, spinach, water, non-dairy milk, or plant-based yogurt.
Why you’ll love this Avocado Banana Smoothie recipe
- Healthy breakfast: This smoothie is light, creamy, and makes for a delicious healthy breakfast recipe.
- Quick & Easy: It comes together in less than 5 minutes.
- A green smoothie that tastes good: Adding bananas, berries, and any tropical fruit will take your smoothie from good to great.
Avocado Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
- Avocados are high in fiber, monosaturated fats, and rich in folates. Adding this ingredient to your weekly meals will add flavor and nutrients.
- Banana: It’s best to use frozen bananas as they add extra creaminess. To freeze your bananas, let them ripe, peel them, slice them into pieces and add them to a freezer bag. Freeze overnight.
- Greens: I use mixed greens in this recipe, but you can use any greens of your choice. Such as spinach or kale.
- Water: Oftentimes, I make my smoothies with water vs non-dairy milk. I view it as a way to drink more water. It doesn’t taste watery as the frozen fruit makes the smoothie thick and creamy.
- Protein Powder: I use the Garden of Life organic protein powder. It’s grain-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Hemp Seeds: This ingredient is optional but a must in all my smoothies. Hemp seeds are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Both fats are known to improve heart health.
- Frozen Fruit: This is optional, but I usually add a variety of berries or tropical fruit.
How to make this avocado smoothie recipe
Step 1: Add the banana, greens, avocado, fruit, protein powder, and water to the blender.
Step 2: Blend on high until everything is combined and smooth. Pour into a glass and top with hemp seeds.
Is avocado and banana smoothie good for you?
Both bananas and avocados have many benefits. Bananas have magnesium, and fiber, and may aid in weight loss. For more banana benefits, check out this article by Healthline. Avocados are great for your skin, benefit your bones, and may boost your mood. For more avocado benefits, check out this article.
Can I put bananas and avocado together?
Yes, bananas and avocados complement each other well in smoothies.
What is the best fruit to mix with avocado?
You can add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, mango, grapefruit, or any fruit of your choice.
Are bananas and avocados good for weight loss?
Both may aid in weight loss. Check out the articles linked above for more information.
Can you put frozen avocado in a smoothie?
Yes, you can add fresh or frozen avocados to smoothies.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS AVOCADO BANANA SMOOTHIE I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU;-)
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 to 1 cup water sub for non-dairy milk
- 1 handful of greens
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (for topping) optional
- Add the banana, greens, avocado, fruit, protein powder, and water to the blender.
- Blend on high until everything is combined and smooth. Pour into a glass and top with hemp seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my affiliate notice for details.