This avocado toast recipe is healthy, vegan, and a great option for on-the-go breakfast. This breakfast recipe is easy to make and includes locally grown roasted heirloom tomatoes.
A few benefits of avocado
Some of the benefits of avocado toast are that it’s customizable and requires no cooking. More benefits are below!
- High in potassium
- lots of fiber
- Great source of vitamin C
What’s in this healthy breakfast recipe
- Oven-Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- Hemp Seeds
- Chopped onion
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
Avocado toast ingredient variations
What are some of your favorite avocado toast ingredients? Some of my favorite ingredients for this recipe include sprouts, arugula, balsamic vinegar, roasted sweet potatoes, and shallots. Lots of restaurants add eggs on top but with so many veggie options you won’t even need eggs for avocado toast.
How to make this avocado toast recipe
- Firstly, toast 2 slices of whole-grain (or bread of your choice) in a toaster until crispy.
- Secondly, open and scoop out the avocado.
- Thirdly, add the avocado, greens, lime juice, and sea salt & black pepper to a small bowl.
- Fourthly, spread the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
- Next, top with oven-roasted heirloom tomatoes, chopped onions, and hemp seeds.
- Finally, add the remaining lime juice to the toast.
Supporting local food brands
On the blog, I love to share and support local products. I learned about Tomato Bliss while interning at The Hatchery. The Hatchery is a mission-driven food and beverage incubator located in Chicago. Thus far, I’ve tried Tomato Bliss clarified heirloom tomato broth, heirloom tomato salsa verde, and their oven-roasted heirloom tomatoes. Their products are reasonably priced ranging from $6-$50. Did I mention Tomato Bliss is a woman-owned company?
“Tomato Bliss comes from a growing community of ecologically-minded farmers and a family-owned small-batch maker in southwest Michigan. We believe seed diversity is a key to sustainability and that if we make better food, we can make food better.”Tomato Bliss website
More healthy vegan breakfast recipes
Avocado Toast Recipe with Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 slices of toast
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp Oven Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes by Tomato Bliss
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper to taste
- 1 juiced lime
- Toast 2 slices of whole-grain (or bread of your choice) in a toaster until crispy.
- Slice and scoop out the avocado.
- Add the avocado to a small bowl and combine with chopped greens of your choice, juice of half lime, and sea salt & black pepper to taste. Mash ingredients together in a bowl. Spread the mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Top with oven-roasted heirloom tomatoes, chopped onions, and hemp seeds.
- Add the remaining lime juice on the toast.