Experience the epitome of cozy, creamy, and delectable with this outstanding vegan butternut squash soup.
Envision yourself indulging in a bowl of our cherished vegan butternut squash soup. As you savor each spoonful, you’re invited to immerse yourself in the comforting warmth, the inviting aroma, and the undeniable positivity it brings to your day. At Im-Worthy, we believe in mindful nourishment, and this creamy soup is your perfect companion on that journey. Join us in celebrating the soothing, inspiring, and visually delightful experience that this plant-based delight has to offer.
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
The true magic of this soup lies in its simplicity, where just a handful of humble ingredients come together to create a heartwarming masterpiece.
- Rosemary and sage: Rosemary adds a woodsy aromatic flavor. Sage has an earthy taste with hints of mint, lemon, and eucalyptus. Fresh is always the best. However, dried rosemary and sage work well too.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Good quality olive oil can take your soup to the next level.
- Butternut squash: The star of the show. You can either boil or roast for an even more delicious flavor.
- Onion and garlic: Both add an incredible depth of flavor.
- Ginger: This spice is optional, but it adds a warm spicy taste to the soup.
- Black pepper and sea salt: Use them both to add more flavor to the onions and garlic.
- Vegetable broth: The base of the soup. Also, it adds balance since the soup will become creamy on its own.
How to make vegan butternut squash soup
- Chop those vibrant veggies. Set that beautiful butternut squash aside for a moment. In a hot pan, sauté the onion until it glistens and turns beautifully translucent. Now, it’s the squash’s turn to shine; add it in and let it cook until it softens.
- Time to infuse our soup with even more flavor! Stir in a dash of rosemary, the earthy warmth of sage, some garlic magic, and a hint of ginger to create a symphony of aromas. Pour in the nourishing broth, and let everything simmer until that butternut squash becomes irresistibly tender, which usually takes around 20 minutes.
- Now, the exciting part! When your squash medley is perfectly cooked, it’s time to give it a whirl in the blender. Blend until the soup transforms into a creamy, bright orange masterpiece. You’re almost there! Finally, take those delightful bowls and pour in your velvety creation.
- The canvas is yours, so garnish with a handful of vibrant greens, a sprinkle of crispy breadcrumbs, or a scattering of crunchy pumpkin seeds. Your culinary masterpiece is complete. So, let’s not keep this beauty waiting any longer—time to savor and indulge!
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup FAQ
Butternut squash soup can be made without dairy, which is perfect for those following a vegan or dairy-free diet.
Butternut squash soup is good for you because it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, supporting your overall health and offering a comforting and nourishing meal option.
Yes, butternut squash needs to be peeled for soup to achieve a smooth and creamy texture. The skin can be tough and is typically removed before cooking.
Butternut squash pairs wonderfully with a variety of flavors, including herbs like sage and thyme, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and ingredients like apples, onions, and carrots, enhancing its sweet and savory profile.
SHANA’S KITCHEN ESSENTIALS
- Eggplant & cauliflower sandwich
- Roasted brussels sprouts
- Roasted vegetables
- Lemony spicy cauliflower
- Chickpea Sandwich
More delicious vegan soups & pasta dishes
- Zucchini & Butternut Squash Pasta
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Soup
- Vegetable Mushroom Stew
If you’ve embraced the magic of the creamy butternut squash soup in your kitchen, I’d love to hear about it – drop a comment or share your rating below, and don’t forget to join me on Instagram for plant-based recipes and wellness inspiration!
30-Minute Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 lrg onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage chopped (alternatively, dried sage works too)
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary minced (alternatively, dried rosemary works too)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger alternatively dried ginger works too
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the oil to a large pot and warm over medium heat. Add the salt, black pepper, onion, and sauté until soft, 4 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and continue cooking until the squash softens, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, rosemary, sage, and garlic. Cook up to 1-minute, until fragrant, add 3 cups of the veggie broth. Bring the soup to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once done, let the soup cool a bit. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until creamy smooth. Work in batches, if needed. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. If too thick, add more broth and blend. Serve with microgreens, parsley, bread crumbs, or pumpkin seeds.
- Serving options: breadcrumbs, parsley, microgreens, or pumpkin seeds.
- Flavorful Foundations: Begin by sautéing onions until they glisten and turn translucent. This simple step forms the flavorful foundation of your soup.
- Aromatics Abound: Elevate the soup’s aroma by adding a medley of herbs and spices like rosemary, sage, garlic, and ginger. They infuse warmth and depth.
- Blend to Perfection: Achieve that silky-smooth consistency by blending the soup until it transforms into a bright orange masterpiece. The secret to creamy perfection!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my affiliate notice for details.