This cucumber soup recipe is easy to make, creamy, and refreshing.
This chilled cucumber soup is delicious all year round. But especially during those hot summer days or nights. What I love most about this recipe – there is no cooking or grilling involved. Add all the ingredients into the blender, puree, and chill! Not only is it easy to make but soothing as well.
Gut & Mental Health
Gut health impacts our immune system, brain health, and nervous system. The gut and brain are connected physically via the vagus nerve. Which is the largest nerve in our body.
Along with taking a probiotic supplement and digestive enzymes, recipes like this cucumber soup can be part of your gut-healing protocol. With that said, please do keep in mind that our thoughts (positive or negative) and the way we respond to information not only impact the nervous system and the gut. Check out this article for more information on improving your gut and mental health.
My gut healing protocol
I’m no expert (disclaimer: I’m not a doctor), but here are a few tips that have improved my digestion, which I learned from a colon therapist. See the video of Alyce and me discussing gut health below!
- I take a probiotic supplement, digestive enzymes, and eat/drink food and beverages that have naturally occurring bacteria.
- Eating fiber-rich food like vegetables and beans is how I get my prebiotics. In addition, you can take a prebiotic supplement.
- I focus on eating more whole foods than processed foods.
- Starting my day with gratitude, meditation, and affirming positive thinking throughout the day helps my mind and body.
Learn 10 tips about gut health shared by colon therapist, Alyce Sorokie.
What’s in this cucumber soup recipe
While this recipe is just a guide please feel free to adjust the recipe and ingredients to what works best for you.
- Cucumbers: high water food that aids in hydrating the body and gut.
- Fresh Herbs: I used basil leaves. Mint or basil work well in this recipe. Green herbs add great flavor. Both are rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Garlic: Adds a depth of flavor and benefits our gut health.
- Dairy-Free Yogurt: It’s creamy and neutral tasting. I use plain vegan yogurt (not vanilla) for this recipe but feel free to use any plain yogurt of your choice.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: Healthy fat, richness, and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: For that tangy flavor and can help lower gut inflammation.
- Sea Salt: Brings out the flavor of the soup.
- Water: Helps to blend all the ingredients.
How to make this cucumber soup recipe
- First, add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, serve chilled with crackers or cassava flatbread, garnish with fresh herbs, thinly sliced cucumbers, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Common questions about cucumbers
Yes, you can sautée cucumbers. But no more than 3 to 5 minutes should as they may become mushy if cooked too long.
You can store cucumber soup in the fridge for up to a week. Alternatively, you can freeze the soup for a couple of months in an air-tight container.
Absolutely! Feel free to use cucumber as a substitute for zucchini in soups and stews. Keep in mind the flavor will be less bitter without zucchinis.
Homemade sauces like Tzatziki, greek salad, cucumber sandwiches, cucumber juice, cucumber water, cucumber smoothie, watermelon & cucumber salad, and dill pickles.
Shana’s Kitchen Essentials
Check out some of the kitchen ingredients & tools I used to make this cucumber soup.
More Vegan Soup Recipes
Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram and let me know if you make this chilled cucumber soup recipe. I’d love to hear from you;-)
Vegan Cucumber Soup Recipe (For Healthy Digestion)
- Serve chilled with crackers or cassava flatbread, garnish with fresh herbs, thinly sliced cucumbers, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my affiliate notice for details.