This easy roasted beet hummus has quickly become one of my favorite go-to dips.
This creamy roasted beet hummus is filled with garlic, lemon, and tahini. Oh yeah, some of my favorite ingredients. It takes no time at all. Well, if you leave out the time it takes to roast the beets. As you know, spring and summer typically include lots of celebrations and gatherings. With that said, this roasted beet hummus would make for a great snack in a party platter. Add lots of fresh colorful veggies or roasted veggies (if you have the time), crackers, chips, and anything else you love on a platter.
I have to be honest with you guys. I didn’t really like beets growing up. I’m sure much of that is due to not having them as much when I was a kid. When I did have beets they were in a can. No Bueno! Today, I love adding them to different recipes throughout the week.
A few benefits of beets
Aside from the beautiful fuschia color that beet hummus creates there are so many health benefits as well.
- Beets have a high concentration of nitrates. Nitrates have a blood-pressure lowing effect. Incorporating beets in your diet on a regular basis may lead to a reduced risk of heart-related issues.
- Beets are a great source of fiber (my favorite benefit). Fiber is very important in terms of healthy digestion. Healthy digestion may lead to a reduced risk of chronic health diseases.
- Beets have low calories and high water content. Both, water and low calories are important for weight loss. In addition, the fiber in beets can promote a feeling of fullness, by staying fuller longer you are less likely to snack.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here to check out my recipe index.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO SNAP A PHOTO, POST IT, AND TAG #IMWORTHYRECIPES AND @SHANASTHOMAS ON INSTAGRAM
Easy Roasted Beet Hummus
- 2 medium beetroots, peeled
- 3/4 cup dry chickpeas one can of chickpeas is equivalent
- 1/4 cup 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cut beets into 1/2 inch slices and lay on a parchment covered baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 400 F for 40-45 minutes, until fork tender. Set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until preferred consistency. Scrap down the sides as needed. If you’d like the consistency to be creamier, add 1-2 Tbsp more tahini. If you’d like more zest, add more lemon juice.
- Add hummus to a bowl or plate and garnish with your favorite chips and veggies. Enjoy!!