Upgrade your breakfast with this tofu scramble recipe over a vegan croissant. It’s delicious, packed with protein, and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
This is the best breakfast sandwich I’ve made in a while. All the ingredients for this tofu scramble blend so well together. To be honest, I don’t consume tofu that much. However, every now and again I do miss scrambled eggs. Even though this recipe does not taste like eggs, the color from the turmeric gives me all the feels of scrambled eggs, just like back in the day. In addition, if you’re looking for that “eggy” taste all you’ve got to do is add some black salt.
Where to buy vegan croissants
I buy these delicious vegan croissants from Wholefoods. They are amazing and they taste just like conventional croissants. I never thought I would be able to eat a croissant again until now. To be honest, I’m not much of a baker and I definitely don’t have the patience to make a vegan croissant from scratch.
What’s in this delicious plant-based breakfast sandwich
How to make this tofu scramble recipe
- First, whisk together garlic, turmeric, cumin, dijon mustard, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Second, heat the grapeseed oil in a large pan (can sub for oil with high smoking point) over medium heat. Add the onion and grape tomatoes. Next, and black pepper and pinches of sea salt and sauté until about 4-5 minutes.
- Third, add the tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes, stir the tofu occasionally with the spices and aromatics. Note: the tofu should be heated. Reduce the heat to low and season to taste with more salt and black pepper.
- Finally, serve with spinach/arugula, vegan croissant, and fig preserve, if desired. Or, maybe, add a side of avocado.
Cooklist is an all-in-one meal planning, grocery shopping, pantry inventory, and cooking app. Save $10 off your first order of groceries through the app. Check it out here.
More Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes
Tofu Scramble Recipe with Vegan Croissant
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 vegan croissants
- 1 tbsp Fig preserve add as much as you need
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or vegan butter
- 5-6 grape tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu patted dry and crumbled
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Whisk together garlic, turmeric, cumin, dijon mustard, cumin, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Add the tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes, stir the tofu occasionally with the spices and aromatics. Note: the tofu should be heated. Reduce the heat to low and season to taste with more salt and black pepper.
- Serve with spinach or arugula, vegan croissant, avocado, and fig preserve, if desired.