This raspberry banana smoothie is my go-to breakfast daily. It’s creamy, healthy, and sweet. Made with just a few ingredients including raspberries, banana, hemp seeds, spinach, and nut milk. Also, it’s loaded with protein, antioxidants, fiber, iron, and omega fatty acids.
I’ve been drinking smoothies on the regular for about two years now. If you like this recipe then I’m sure you will love my mixed berry smoothie recipe here.
As an entrepreneur, I work 7 days a week. My schedule is very busy and I don’t always have time to make delicious healthy meals. To eat healthier I started meal prepping. Meal prepping has become a lifesaver. For example, I buy groceries, chop and store everything in reusable bags and glass containers. Check out my FREE weekly meal planning template by clicking here.
Check out my meal prepping on a budget video
Smoothie Tip: to get that creamy smoothie texture I chop my fruit + greens (strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and spinach) and put them in bags and store them in the freezer. Also, storing your produce in the freezer helps it last longer.
Raspberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen raspberries: I typically buy frozen organic raspberries when possible. Also, raspberries are a good source of vitamin C and fiber.
- Frozen banana: I love adding bananas to smoothies are they are are a natural sweetener. Also, bananas have so many benefits including being rich in fiber, great for digestion, and helps to moderate your blood sugar levels.
- Hemp Seeds: provide 10 grams of protein, 12 grams of omegas 3& 6, and 4 grams of iron. I love the rich nutty taste hemp seeds add to smoothies and whatever you add them to.
- Nut milk: Rich in protein and fiber. Adds some creaminess to the smoothie.
- Greens: add greens of your choice to smoothies. I use whatever greens I have on hand which typically include mixed herb greens or spinach.
How to make this raspberry banana smoothie
Blend nut milk, raspberries, banana, spinach, and hemp seeds in a blender for 30 seconds, or until creamy.
Raspberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of spinach sub for greens of your choice
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1.5 cups nut milk of your choice
- Blend nut milk, raspberries, banana, spinach, and hemp seeds in a blender for 30 seconds, or until creamy.