Let me just start off saying I love love love Brussel sprouts. These shredded brussel sprouts are savory, nutty and sweet. This is a great way to switch up your cooking style and add a twist to your signature recipe so it doesn’t get boring. There is something about the combination of maple syrup and brussels sprouts that I just love. Every time I’m at a restaurant and I spot them on the menu I place an order for them. Yep, I love b
Brussel sprouts are so versatile and there are so many different ways to enjoy them + get the benefits of eating green vegetables at the same time. In addition, you can enjoy them any time of year. If you’re not incorporating
How to make shredded
Shredded brussel sprouts are so quick and easy to make. First, simply add the washed and dried brussel sprouts to the food processor. Next, pulse for a few seconds and that’s it. Yep, it’s that easy. If you do not have a food processor you can use a knife to remove cores from the brussel sprouts through the stem ends and discard. Peel off leaves all the way down the center.
Separating the leaves is a nice break from eating
Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Maple Syrup
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful slivered almonds optional
- Add washed and brussel sprouts to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until the sprouts are shredded. If you do not have a food processor you can use a knife to remove cores from the brussel sprouts through the stem ends and discard. Peel off leaves all the way down the center.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shredded brussels sprout and sautée, tossing a couple times, until bright green and deeply charred in spots, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a platter. Repeat process 3 more times with remaining brussels sprouts and olive oil.
- Drizzle maple syrup and toss brussel sprouts a couple more times. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a platter and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
For more delicious #ImWorthy recipes, visit our recipe index here.