Have you tried roasted sweet potatoes with peach salsa before? This nourishing bowl is perfect for spring and summer. The mixture of the sweet and spicy peach salsa compliments the sweet potatoes very well.
For some added protein and fiber pair the main ingredients with lentils, quinoa, or chickpeas. In the video below I pair it with falafels, fresh spinach, and pumpkin seeds. The great thing about a Buddha bowl is that you can add whatever you like. Always try to include a protein, a good carb, and healthy fat for a wholesome meal.
Start with a base of protein or greens (e.g. quinoa, lentils, beans or fresh spinach). Add ingredients in sections around the bowl or mix everything together. Depending on the ingredients, cut or chop veggies thinly to fit inside the bowl. Try to add a variety of different textures. Pro-tip: Add something soft (e.g. avocado), something with texture (e.g. quinoa), crunchy (e.g. pumpkin seeds), or maybe even something crispy (e.g. radishes, carrots).
Recipe video link: https://youtu.be/pVNc3YdpA0Y
Sweet Potatoes with Peach Salsa Buddha Bowl Ingredients
- Add fresh spinach
- Add roasted sweet potatoes
- Layer in *falafel (or choose another protein or fiber option)
- Top with peach salsa and pumpkin seeds
- Drizzle with the juice of half a lime
Pro-tip: Buddha bowls are great for meal prep and getting rid of leftovers. In-addition buddha bowls are a good way to get in lots of fiber, protein, and iron.
Sweet Potatoes with Peach Salsa Buddha Bowl
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1½ lb.), scrubbed, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt plus more if needed
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 peach
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ¾ onion
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut your sweet potatoes into small pieces.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with grapeseed oil, season with sea salt, maple syrup, and herbs. Roast, tossing once until sweet potatoes are tender, approx. 25–30 minutes depending on your oven.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, chop up your cilantro, peach, onion, and jalapeño.
- Arrange your peach salsa in a small bowl and add the juice of half a lime on top to help marinate all the flavors together.
- Layer sweet potatoes and your choice of protein or fiber.
- Top with peach salsa.
- Drizzle with remaining lime juice.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here to check out my recipe index.