This healthy berry-baked oatmeal is packed with flavor, dairy-free, and meal prep-friendly.
Move over overnight oats and classic oatmeal cause this recipe is sure to make your breakfast meal prep list. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries make this a delicious recipe. Warm it up (with optional toppings) and enjoy it with a hot oat milk latte or an iced latte to start your day on a good note!
Why you’ll love this berry-baked oatmeal recipe:
1) Meal prep friendly
Looking for more easy breakfast plant-based recipes? Check out my round of 65 breakfast ideas made with you in mind.
Vegan Berry Baked Oatmeal Ingredients:
- Oats: Use old-fashioned rolled oats for good texture. If you’re gluten-free then go with the certified gluten-free oats!
- Fruit/Sweetener: I’m using frozen mixed berries and orange juice + zest for this recipe. Alternatively, use fresh berries if you have them. Also, I use coconut sugar in this recipe. However, feel free to use your favorite sweetener.
- Nuts: Sliced almonds help to add some texture and crunch to the oatmeal base.
- Liquid Ingredients: A combination of flax egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted vegan butter or oil, and non-dairy milk binds the oatmeal together. Also, the orange juice adds flavor.
- Baking Essentials: A little baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to complete the process.
How to make baked oatmeal:
Firstly, preheat the oven to 350°F and spray or grease an 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Make the flax egg. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
Secondly, mix the dry ingredients. combine the rolled oats, 1/4 cup of almonds, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl.
Thirdly, mix the wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted vegan butter and whisk to combine. Stir in the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
Fourthly, pour the wet mixture into the dry, add the frozen berries, orange zest & juice, stir it all together, and then transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
Fifthly, top with the remaining almonds and add a few extra berries if you’d like. Bake for 40–45 minutes until golden brown.
Finally, let it cool for 4-5 minutes before serving it with coconut whipped cream, vegan yogurt, or maple syrup.
Ingredient substitutions for baked oatmeal bars
Baked oatmeal is highly customizable. Below, you’ll find a few ingredient substitutions:
- Nuts/seeds: cashews, walnuts, pecans, hemp seeds, or pumpkin seeds.
- Sweeteners: honey, date syrup, dates, monk fruit, or apple sauce.
- Fruit: peaches, bananas, cherries, or apples.
- Spices: ginger, cardamon, nutmeg, turmeric, or cloves.
How to store, freeze & reheat
- To store: Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
- To freeze: Yes, you can freeze baked oatmeal. Next, be sure to slice the oatmeal into portions before storing them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- For reheating: Thaw each frozen portion in the fridge overnight. After that, bake uncovered with parchment paper in a 350°F(180°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Or, reheat it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
Baked Oatmeal Q&A
There are endless options to choose from to flavor your oatmeal from cinnamon, maple syrup, apples, & much more. Check out the suggestions I listed above.
Nope, soaking your nuts before baking may result in mushy baked oatmeal.
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Recipe Video
Want to see how I make this in my kitchen? Watch the video below!
More plant-based breakfast ideas
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Bread
- Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding
- 65 Healthy Breakfast options
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Blackberry Waffles
Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram and let me know if you make this easy frozen vegan berry baked oatmeal recipe.
Best Vegan Berry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter sub for coconut oil
- 1 cup oak milk sub for non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2.5 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 orange zested & juiced
- 1/4 cup brown coconut sugar sub for sugar of your choice
- 1 flax egg 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp warm water mixed together in small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray or grease an 8×8-inch (or similar) square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the oats, 1/4 cup of almonds, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted vegan butter and whisk to combine. Stir in the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Combine the frozen berries, orange zest & juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry, stir it all together, and then transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining almonds and add a few extra berries if you’d like. Bake for 40–45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 4-5 minutes. Serve and top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, vegan yogurt, or maple syrup.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my affiliate notice for details.