This easy creamy vegan potato salad is loaded with a variety of herbs and reminds me of everything I love about summer. This recipe is one you will be making all summer long.
When I first made this recipe I was hesitant if the flavors would taste as I remembered growing up. I have to say I was quite surprised at how much the vegan potato salad tastes the same if not better. Yep, even better than the original potato salad.
Vegan Potato Salad Ingredients
Red and Yellow Potatoes: I love to mix and match my potatoes. It adds variety and makes the colors of the dish look beautiful. The more color the better. Also, I left the skin on for the rich iron and minerals.
Vegan Mayo Dressing: I simply mixed store-bought vegan mayonnaise, sweet relish, dijon mustard, onion powder, dried dill, thyme, chopped celery, white onion, and green onions for topping. It’s great that there are so many options of vegan mayo available at grocery stores. Or, just make homemade mayo, if you prefer.
Summers in Chicago are typically hot and humid which means I won’t be turning on the oven as much. This vegan potato salad not only has a rich taste but it’s also a time saver. Takes 20-30 minutes or so to make. If you’re enjoying a hot summer as well that gives you another reason to make this recipe. Try this recipe for your next summer picnic or party and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
If you make this easy vegan potato salad recipe, let me know how it turns out in the comments below.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here to check out my recipe index.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO SNAP A PHOTO, POST IT, AND TAG #IMWORTHYRECIPES AND @SHANASTHOMAS ON INSTAGRAM
Happy potato salad making,
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs mix of small red and yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh or dried dill
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp green onions or chives
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, set aside to cool, then transfer to a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients until and mix well excluding green onions. Refrigerate until potatoes are mostly cooled from boiling.
- Right before serving toss green onions on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!