If you’re looking for a new vegan quinoa buddha bowl recipe then look no further. This clean healthy recipe has roasted veggies, quinoa (of course), avocado, and a delicious cashew cream sauce. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Mix and match with your favorite ingredients from brown rice, black beans, tahini sauce and more.
I make a quinoa or lentil buddha bowls throughout the week on the regular. Pro-tip: Buddha bowls are great for meal prep and getting rid of leftovers. In-addition buddha bowls are a good way to get in lots of fiber, protein, and iron.
The great thing about a Buddha bowl is that you can add whatever tickles your fancy. However, always include a protein, a good carb, and healthy fat for a wholesome meal.
You can start with a base of quinoa, lentils or beans. Add ingredients in sections around the bowl or mix everything together. Depending on the ingredients, cut or chop veggies thinly to fit inside the bowl. Try to add a variety of different textures. Pro-tip: Add something soft (e.g. avocado), something with texture (e.g. quinoa), crunchy (e.g. pumpkin seeds), or maybe even something crispy (e.g. radishes, carrots).
Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl Recipe
- Layer 1/4 cup cooked quinoa on the bottom
- Layer ¼-½ cup roasted Brussel Sprouts with herbs, sea salt, smoked paprika, and maple syrup
- Layer¼-½ cup roasted Beets with herbs, sea salt, smoked paprika, and maple syrup
- Layer sauteed summer squash with onions + brown sugar
Next, add your fresh veggies, seeds or whatever else you prefer. I added:
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh cashew cream sauce in the middle
Lastly, add a dressing of your choice or keep it simple with a squeeze of lime/lemon, drizzle some oil or a tsp of your favorite seasonings.
If you would like to share the video click the link https://youtu.be/lPaBJ5tRQc8
Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl
Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup beets
- 1 squash
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful cilantro any herbs will do
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp herbs
- 3/4 cup onions
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract*
- 1/2 tsp Herbs*
- First, we're going to add a 1/4 cup of quinoa that I’ve drained and rinsed. Now I'm going to add a tsp of vegan bullion, sea salt, and oregano. You want to bring that to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or so on medium heat depending on your stove.
- Roast brussel sprouts + beets at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until tender and sprinkle with maple syrup, sea salt, and herbs. Once cooled, top with roasted brussel sprouts and beets.
- Sauté summer squash and onions + brown sugar for 10-15 minutes and a portion into the bowl.
- Add your fresh veggies + seeds you chose above.
- Drizzle with cashew cream.
- *optional, to add more flavor depending on what you are using this for
- You can add what you like to your Buddha bowl. Always try and include a protein, a good carb, and healthy fat for a wholesome meal.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here to check out my recipe index.