Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegan chickpea salad (aka chickpea tuna sandwich) sandwich recipe is tangy, sweet, & spicy. It’s packed with smoked paprika, garlic, dill, lemon and a great option for work or school lunches throughout the week.
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley or cilantro diced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 juice of lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
Add the cooked chickpeas to a large bowl and mash them with a fork. Alternatively, use a food processor if you do not want to manually mash the chickpeas.
Add all remaining ingredients for the chickpea salad into the bowl and mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
Assemble the sandwich and eat. Note: I added 2 slices of toasted bread with microgreens and a slice of tomato.
- Add 1/2 tsp Dill, 2 large ribs celery, thinly sliced.
- For that tuna taste add dulce flakes in your chickpea salad mixture.
- BBQ sauce, celery, relish