Enjoy these healthy breakfast muffins for breakfast or snack. These golden milk muffins are dairy-free, sugar-free, and delicious. I hope you enjoy these make-ahead vegan muffins. Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract can sub for coconut extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (make your own by pulsing 1 3/4 cups oats in blender or food processor until fine)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or other sweeteners
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- coconut flakes (unsweetened) Optional (add to the top of muffins before and/or after muffins are done)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 6 or 12 cup muffin pan (or use liners.)
In a small cup or bowl mix ground flax seeds and water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oat flour, maple syrup, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt).
In a small bowl, mash the banana and add to the remaining wet ingredients (non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, flax egg)and stir until combined well.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir until just combined. If you're adding any seeds, fruit, or nuts, fold those in now.
Spoon the batter into the muffin pan (optional: sprinkle the tops with coconut).
Bake for 17-20 minutes, insert a toothpick in the center of one muffin to test. The toothpick should come out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Enjoy!